Note: We’ll add to as questions come in. Have a question? Send it our way!
- I can’t run. Can I get a refund or transfer my bib?
No transfers or refunds will be allowed. You can adjust your entry from the live race to the Virtual 20k (without refund). To cancel or adjust entry to the Virtual 20k, please email Greenway20k@gmail.com
- Is there a time limit?
Yes. The time limit will be 3:30. Starting in an earlier wave may give you extra time.
- Where do I park?
Parking will be available at the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, located beside Gateway Plaza at 1924 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604.
- Is there parking at the start?
No. You must be dropped off.
- Is there a training plan?
Yes. Free training plans for beginner and intermediate runners, courtesy of Coach Andie Cozzarelli, are located here.
- How do I get to the starting line?
The course is point to point, so you will need to arrange a ride/drop off to the start. The address for Starting Line drop of is 2600 Brown Field Road. Raleigh, NC 27610.
- Can I stash my stuff at the Start / Finish?
Yes! We will have a bag check. We will bring those bags from Start to the Finish area.
- Will I get a medal?
Yes. All finishers will get a medal.
- Is the race USATF Certified?
Yes, the course is being certified and the USATF Certificate number will be posted here when complete.
- I’m an elite athlete, can I get preferred entry?
Yes, go here for standards.
- When is packet pickup?
-Packet pickup will be all week long at Runologie, starting Monday, March 29 at 11am. Packets will also be available on Race Day at the Starting Line.
- Where will the aid stations be? Aid stations will be finalized within 2 weeks of race.
1. ~2 mile mark – Greenway Parking Lot – 3021 Auburn Knightdale Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610 (Water)
2. ~4.75 mile mark – Greenway Parking Lot – 6405 Poole Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610 (Water)
3. 10k – The Cottage at Anderson Point Park – 20 Anderson Point Dr, Raleigh, NC 27610 (Water + Gels & Bathroom)
4. 8 mile mark – “Mid Greenway” To the left of Dominion Energy and down the hill – 4211 Global St, Raleigh, NC 27610 (Water)
5. 10 mile mark – Back onto greenway off Milburne – 2950 Milburnie Rd
Raleigh, NC 27610 (Water & Portojon)
6. ~11 mile mark – Lockwood Park – 1200 Crabtree Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27610 (Water)
- I’d like to Volunteer. How do I sign up?
Go here to Volunteer (or to sign up to pace). Volunteers will get a Sir Walter Squirrel Squad Shirt, and more!
- Can I race with my dog?
No. Unfortunately, we can not allow this for a variety of reasons.
- Are jogging strollers allowed?
Yes. As long as you stay to the right of the greenway.
- Who else is running?
A participant list is here. Minors will not be listed.
- What if the race is cancelled?
If for some reason the race has to be cancelled, Sir Walter Running will host a Pop Up style 20k event where we will distribute medals to all finishers, as well as all pre-race materials (T-Shirts, etc.)
- What is this a fundraiser for?
The Sir Walter Miler! Called “the future of American track and field” by Sports Illustrated, the “Miler” is an annual free event that began in 2013 with the “Sandman Mile,” where Pros chase the Sub 4:00 Mile on the Men’s side, and Sub 4:30 for the Women. Funds raised from the Greenway 20k help keep this event free.
- Where can I hear more?
Subscribe to Sir Walter Running’s own “Summer of Miles” podcast for more details on the event.