Public Service Announcement: The Greenway 20k takes the Capital Area Greenway on Saturday, April 3
March 5, 2021 – On Saturday, April 3, 2021, the Greenway 20k takes to the Capital Area Greenway System with a point-to-point course that will start on the Neuse River Trail, head through Anderson Point Park, and then finish on the Crabtree Creek Greenway. The race will start at 7:00am with waves starting every 30 minutes through noon.
Registration is open at greenway20k.com/register/
Some protocols we will be taking are:
- This is a point-to-point course, which will limit runners coming in the close contact that they would in an out and back race.
- Athletes will choose a 30 minute “Wave” window in which they can start. Runners can start at any time within their 30 minute window.
- Timing mats will be placed at the start and finish, to ensure official times, but will allow runners to run at their own convenience, within their window, to ensure safety.
- All athletes will be given a neck gaiter to cover their faces at the start, and will be encouraged to wear them when they are within 10 feet of other athletes.
- Aid stations will be stocked with bottled water, with staff and volunteers making sure they are stocked and ready for runners to pick up.
- The finish line will be similar with packaged food (ie. Bars and bottled water)
- Runners will have option of having race packet mailed or picked up at local running store.
- There will be a designated drop off at 2600 Brown Field Road for the start, and athletes will be able to park cars at the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina at Gateway Plaza near the finish as the one way route will also ensure as little passing contact with the runners as possible.
No roads will be blocked. The race cutoff will be 3:30pm for the last wave. The race will finish at the end of the greenway, close to the Raleigh Boulevard / Crabtree Boulevard intersection.
The event features a certified course that was measured by Clockwork Race Timing, who will also provide timing. The Top 3 Male and Female finishers, as well as the Top Masters Runners, will receive prize money. All finishers will receive medals.
Ample race day parking will be available, courtesy of the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, located adjacent to Gateway Plaza at 1924 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604.
Race sponsors and partners include Wegmans, Oofos, On, COROS, EPIC Physical Therapy, ElliptiGO, Run4ACozz, East Coast Greenway Alliance, The Longleaf Hotel, Prevail Physical Therapy and Sports Performance, RRCA, and Raleigh Parks Recreation and Cultural Resources. Additional Sponsorships are available.
The Greenway 20k is directed and promoted by Sir Walter Running, a Raleigh-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring the Greater Raleigh running community together through innovation, activation, and inclusivity. Sir Walter Running is a USATF club that also produces the Sir Walter Miler, the Raleigh Half Marathon, the Pop Up Miles series, the Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile, Pop Up Cross Country at Dix Park, and the Summer of Miles podcast.
More information can be found at Greenway20k.com
For more information, sponsorship information, or interview requests, contact Pat Price at firstname.lastname@example.org and 919.783.7660.